Monday 4 February 2008

Sunday: Let's bathe Kirby and eat too much sushi

Sunday we slept in quite a bit before making MORE FRENCH TOAST. You can't ever have too much french toast!!!!

We then watched more episodes of Firefly in our pajamas. Somewhere into the second hour of doing so, there came a knocking at my door! Who could it be but the crazy girl from Jun's company who lives somewhere in Ine and likes to drop by (HOW DID SHE FIND OUT WHERE I LIIIIVE). She preceded to giggle and present me with some amazing powder blue silk to make a kimono out of because someone gave it to her but it 'wasn't her colour', she says.

OMG. Like... WHAT?

So now I have to find someone to make me a kimono. Good thing I know kimono makers??? I am not even kidding when I say that. Weird.

Anyway, it was setsubun, which translates to 'magic bean day' or something in picture language. Megan and I visited my shrine but there wasn't a whole lot going on down there aside from free sake and a guest book (which we signed). We decided to go eat too much sushi after that.

And then we did. Too. Much. Sushi.
Somewhere between those events, we also bathed my ferret.
That's always exciting. He smells laundry fresh now. Or fresher than ferret stink, anyhow!

After sushi-death, we went to Mipple (the big shopping center nearest to my homestead). I splurged and bought a silly pair of shoes for school, a shelf, and a bag to carry things in. We then did purikura, which I will put a picture of on this blog post as soon as I scan it.
Megan then checked her watch and said 'um... my train leaves in 11 minutes?'

Cursing happened here. I thought her train was leaving 10 minutes later than the actual time.

As I was speeding down the roads of Miyazu towards the station, I believe we actually got AIR as we hit one particular bump. But Megan caught the damn train, and I drove home to put together my shelf.

As it turns out, you need a screwdriver.

And moreover, in seven years of predecessment, not a single Ine AET has managed to own a screw driver? Curiouser and curiouser.

Stranger still, my parents actually live in
this house
. Maybe I'll be joining them after this whole JET thing blows over!