Friday 29 February 2008

Monkeys!!!!!!

So, I'm sitting at school with my plague (got it yesterday, but that is beside the point).

My coworkers start chattering by the window, like they do, in their crazy oriental language that I hardly understand. However the word 'saru' sticks out, because it means monkey.

So, there's monkeys on the baseball field! Spring has come at last, I think. However the three monkeys turn into 7 monkeys... then 10 monkeys, and then about 15 monkeys!

They're playing on the field, climbing the bike shelter and running around at the speed of a determined Labrador. They are also the SIZE of one! Gah monkeys here are so scary.

After snapping some pretty lousy photos, I was asked the question I ALWAYS am asked when monkey sightings occur.

"So, what kind of monkeys they got in the states?"
"None."
"Not even in the ROCKIES?!"
"Not even in North Ameirca!"

they find this hard to believe until I describe a grizzly bear. Maybe Smokey ate all the monkeys.

Also I should note that the sun has been out more -- which is making Ine Bay turn some BEAUTIFUL shades of blue and green! Here are pictures for good measure.


I had a delicious bento box of egg rice with crab, a little bit of hamburger, sashimi, and sushi with cucumber and shrimp! I also got to look at this bay during it! It was fabulous.

2 comments:

Krister Rollins said...

North America weeps for the lack of monkeys.

Bears is a pretty good substitute, but it somehow falls about ten feet short. Yelling "BEAR!" doesn't have the same ridiculous appeal as "MONKEY!"

Yelling "BEAR!" is also more likely to cause bloodcurdling screams, panic and people playing dead.

Rachel Kay said...

If you play dead... I wonder if the monkeys just pee on you to make sure. Or just anyway. Or cuz they had to go real bad.