Sunday 2 September 2007

The Coming of the Boar

Loneliness and Boar

I was driving back from a thrifty shopping trip at Mipple and fun time dinner at the sushi place. There was no sea to see (because the moon was all cloudy) alas. Listening to some music... suddenly a song came on that I was playing a lot in the last few days before I left California and it just made me think of Toshi and how much I missed him. I don't know how he made such an impression on me as I am sure it is not mutual, but he did and I really do miss him quite a lot.


I was feeling rather blue. So I told myself "well you can't fall in love with someone who's not here anyway, but you can sure fall in love with Japan! Japan is here!” And as soon as I thought that, Japan gave me a present. Piggies!

Okay so I have wanted to see the wild boar for AGES and everyone
else seems to have seen them around Ine except me. So when I saw two piggies hanging out in the road being adorable, I squealed "YES YES YES THANK YOU!" and drove along my way (taking care not to run them over...) PIGGIEEEEEES

So I was feeling pretty good on the way back. Homesickness has just started hitting me a little bit, just feeling lonesome for some company and wanting all my friends and family to experience my small town too. And as I was at the turn to go into the clearing where Honjo begins, I saw MOOOOORE PIGGIES!!!! Three of them! A mama piggie, papa piggie and baby piggie! The papa piggie even had tusks! OMG! So I wanted to stop but at the same time I wasn't sure if it would like jump on my car and eat me, so I merely slowed down enough to get a piggie glimpse and rode along my merry way. HOORAY.

No comments: