Saturday 15 March 2008

Rachel cleans kitchen, Hell freezes over.

I was supposed to attend the fertility festival in Nagoya this weekend, but instead elected to stay home and clean my house. Now that the weather has changed from miserable to considerably-less-miserable, I find myself able to walk around my house without a million layers. I also find myself going around my first floor more frequently than the past two months. I use my kitchen sometimes, and I’ve even started sitting in the tatami rooms once more! It’s nice to have my house back, and Kirby agrees. He’s become quite the butterball after a winter of sleeping in a hammock and eating ferret cheerios without running around very often.

Kirby and I got some exercise on Saturday! I worked out and went for a bike ride, which I haven’t done a lot lately. Not feeling as sore as I expected to be, I deep cleaned my kitchen, put away the kotatsu covers, and set up my tatami room with some floral arrangements! I also bug repelled my entire house with two kinds of repellent. My pesticide still stands by at the genkan, waiting for its time to shine in the not-too-distant future. The spider sacs, still swaying gently in the breeze on my porches, have been sprayed with pesticide. I was a bit of a weenie about going out onto the porch to do it, but I held my breath, counted to 10 and danced around in fear while spraying each of them lovingly.

Leigh came over in the evening to watch student films with me. The mark of a true friend.

No comments: