Tuesday 15 January 2008

England thoughts

England and Belgium were good.
I won't write much about them because technically this is my Japan blog and also I don't think anyone would find it that interesting!

But seeing my family was really really really good. I felt refreshed after coming back to Ine.

Getting there and back was definitely a long journey. Getting from my house to England took about 36 hours (driving, train, bus, train, airplane, train) and coming back was about 28 hours (train, plane, train, bullet train, train, drive).

Fortunately the jet-lag didn't get the better of me, I've been busy at work ever since, and I haven't been as sick of Japan as I was just before leaving. Thank goodness for that especially because man oh man I was ready to get out of Asia.

I was culture shocked in Europe though. London, especially. People there are extremely rude or nonchalant. Spikey, I'd say. It's very different after the kindness and humanity you get from everyone in Japan (even at the post office!) But I suppose city people can't be bothered to act like human beings anywhere you go. Maybe small town life has spoiled me! People in Belgium were much kinder and had a really great sense of humour! It was cold but a really good trip, overall.

I am excited for when my family will visit Japan.

I am not excited for a lot of people to leave in July. I don't' think life after that will be very good for some time. But that's not for seven or so more months. It's best to enjoy people while they're still here and willing to visit my house in outer space!

No comments: