Wednesday 7 November 2007

My head is good, my brain is bright.

Second Years Gone : Happy People Come out of Woodworks

OK it's decided. Ine Jr. High School is simply a better place when the 2nd year chuckleheads, are gone. At the moment they are in Tokyo going around the area and going to Disney Land. While I don't agree that taking horrible students to the happiest place in Nippon is a good idea, I do revel in their absence. All the teachers seem to have a little more of a spring to their step. The two classes I taught today were great! Everyone seemed happier than usual and the third years had a hell of a time writing a composition about the pros and cons of certain 'debatable matters'. Such as, 'I think students should/shouldn't learn English' and so on.


My favorites include;

I think students shouldn't learn English. Here are my reasons. First, I'm Japanese. Second, Japan doesn't use English. Third, I can live without English. (ouch)


and the other one about whether or not video games are good for children to play

'If children play video games often, their heads become bad. If they study, their brains will become bright.'

The reasoning of course is because in Japanese you say 'your head is good/bad' for describing a smart/dimwitted individual. They also have a single word to describe the brain/the mind. Well done, kids! They made my day. But you know what it's mean to make fun of Engrish simply because ENGLISH IS REALLY DIFFICULT FOR JAPANESE PEOPLE TO LEARN.

Ganbatte, everyone. Ganbatte.

In other news, the ferret is named Kirby! And he sends his regards. And nibbles.

No comments: