Sunday 19 August 2007

Introducing, Yukiko Tsuji.

Yukiko Tsuji - My ぺらぺら Hero

I JUST met my neighbor who is the English teacher from Honjo Jr. High school (the one closest to me, obviously). She speaks FLUENT English. I know people have told me this loads of times already but seeing it just ... well goodness!

I live in INE... now anywhere else in Kyoto-fu you could run into a person who speaks decent English, but in Ine there are only 2600 people to begin with and I swear to god all of them are crazy obaa-san who dash out in the road with their canes just to mess with you!

So after my way too long nap to open the door and meet Yukiko Tsuji... it was like being in some sort of weirdo dream. She said "Hi I'm your neighbor! My name is Yukiko!"

normally it's like... tons of bowing and nodding and looking awkwardly at me and then pointing to themselves and bowing more and lots of "hai hai hai" and I never remember names. She didn't bow once, she just said "Hey there's a festival going on around 7:30 if you want to go."

Hell yeah I do! I feel like I have found the key to unlocking all of Ine's crazy mysteries, like how to send mail and pay bills and properly sort the garbage. I'm so happy.

The festival was a lot of fun, too! I met some of my neighbors, some of the students I will be teaching, and saw a lot of people in yukata. I also had a delicious strawberry snow cone and watched the gas station guys sing karaoke.
Shiori, Ayumi, Saori and Tsuji-sensei

No comments: